- Thin, Low Profile – Typical construction if .013 inches thick (0.33mm), and our remote light sources are thinner than many EL inverters.
- Longer Life – Our durable fiber optic panel never needs replacement. Remote light sources offer 10,000 to 100,000 hours, and the replacement is simple and easy.
- Uniform Lighting – Lumitex fiber optic backlighting is so effective in uniformly spreading light – that single and multiple LEDs can be used for completely uniform backlighting panels.
- Range of Colors – Standard LED colors include green, white, blue, red, amber and yellow-green.
- Lower Power – Requires less power than EL, CCFL or LED Array – as low as 10-20mA at 2 VDC – and no inverter.
- Durable – Optical fibers are not effected by extremes in humidity (0% - 100%) or temperature (-40◦ to +85◦C). Shock, vibration and hazardous environments do not pose a problem.
- Design Flexibility – Fiber optic technology allows designers to solve unique problems. Simple in design, thin and inert, Lumitex fiber optic backlights are flexible, with the potential design variations limited only by your imagination.