Lumitex, Inc. designs, develops and manufactures custom backlighting for Membrane Switches, Keypads, Overlays, LCD’s, and other Displays. We also design and manufacture custom fiber optic devices, surgical and phototherapy lighting systems.
Our patented technologies provide light to sensitive applications – without customary problems of heat, electricity or EMI – in user-friendly forms that fit our customers’ applications.
Lumitex’s custom backlighting solutions offer many advantages:
- Design flexibility, Easily customizable
- Low startup costs
- Low power, most product configurations driven by a single LED
- Long life (100k+ hours in most configurations)
- Simple to implement, no complex electrical drivers
- Thin (as low as 0.013" / 0.33mm)
- No EMI / RFI
Contact us to discuss your application – we will be glad to prepare a quick proposal to help solve your design problems.
Lumitex, Inc. designs and manufactures innovative light delivery solutions for medical, electronics, industrial and other diverse applications.
Lumitex specializes in engineering lighting solutions where efficiency, quality of lighting, manufacturability and cost are primary considerations.The main products designed and developed are backlighting products for LCDs, membrane switches, machine vision, surgical lighting, phototherapy, keypad backlighting, and marine/aviation displays.
Lumitex is built on its unique technology, adaptive applications engineering, and responsive customer service. The technology is based on over 130 patents describing ways of engineering light to deliver it more efficiently and uniformly.
The sales and engineering departments work closely with customers to solve specific design problems and quickly turn around prototypes. Lumitex is armed with an internal and global sales force, with sales representatives around the world.
We engineer light, delivering it efficiently and cost effectively where it's needed, using unique, proprietary designs that solve customer problems.
Our goal is to gain leadership in select markets by building our technology, focusing on our customers and developing skilled, innovative and motivated people who have room to grow.
Lumitex is committed to satisfying our customers 100% of the time by defining, designing, and delivering a quality product on time at a competitive value
To achieve this we must pursue three basic concepts
- FIT: Design the products, processes and packaging to meet or exceed the customer requirements.
- EFFICIENCY: Operate in a clear business manner, from order-taking to product and process design to material specification, production and delivery.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Look for opportunities to improve our products and processes to save cost every day while maintaining the flexibility to capture them
We believe that if we apply these principles effectively we will satisfy our customers, employees, shareholders and grow with each of them.